- Charley Patton and His Mississippi Boweavil Blues by R. K. D. Peterson.
- Joseph Conlon has contributed two articles:
Vectors and War: "Desert Storm" and
The Historical Impact of Epidemic Typhus.
- Dr. Stanton Cope (Captain, U.S. Navy) has
contributed the slide presentation:
Fever: The Scourge Revealed with
- Dr. David Tschanz
has contributed two articles, Yellow
Fever and the Strategy of the Mexican- American War
and Typhus Fever on the Eastern Front in
World War I.
- Dr. R. L. Jacobson, Dept. of Parasitology, The
Hebrew University, Jerusalem has kindly provided a disease profile for
leishmaniasis. Check it out.
- Check out the article,
The Role of Insects as Biological Weapons.
- Be sure to read the article, Historical
Natural History: Insects and the Civil War, by G. L. Miller.
- The U.S. Navy Disease Vector Ecology and Control Center has
kindly provided a disease profile for lymphatic filariasis.
Check it out.
- Not only does the Diseases and
the Insects That Transmit Them section have profiles of diseases and insects, but it
now has an excellent introductory chapter by L. G.
Higley, L. L. Karr, and L. P. Pedigo.
- Suggested Readings
(references to books on history and disease with pictures of the book jacket and some
reviews and subject descriptions)
- Be sure to check out the article, Insects, Disease, and Military History: The Napoleonic
Campaigns and Historical Perception.
HomePage | Contents | What's New? |